Thursday, February 11, 2010

Can I use Kilz as the only coat of paint for a window in a shower?

I was just hoping to be able to buy one can of paint to paint the window around my shower...can I just use Kilz, or do I have to ';top it'; with another kind of paint?





Thanks all


Be well


TinkCan I use Kilz as the only coat of paint for a window in a shower?
yea sure ya can just do a couple of coats...with time for drying inbetween...just dont glob it on...2 or 3 thin coats will be good...just remember not to paint the window closed... move the window up and down slightly in between drying timesCan I use Kilz as the only coat of paint for a window in a shower?
they do sell paints that are combo....primer and finish.....but just Kilz is NOT a good idea.....look at the MISTINTS at Lowe's or Home Depot, they're usually $5 for a gallon and you might find a color u like
no Kilz is a primer you need an enamel type paint to keep the water from damaging the wall board
its not paint..you need to use a gloss [or at min semi gloss over it] you can buy a 1/2 pint of real paint...look for trim paint
Kilz has a flat finish. You should use a glossy finish in wet or damp areas to help keep moisture from soaking in.
Yes Tink, sure you can, Kilz is designed to ';kill'; mold and mildew and the odors associated with them, although it is more like a kind of base or primer coat, although if already painted then I would have simply used new paint as in that case no base or primer coat is needed.





Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment