Thursday, February 11, 2010

Does anyone have any opinions on KILZ latex paint? I am reading mixed reviews.?

I've used it, and yes it does cover in one coat. I doubt I would use it again, though.. the finish seems ';chalky.';Does anyone have any opinions on KILZ latex paint? I am reading mixed reviews.?
As an owner of rental properties I have had excellent results with Kilz covering up stains, smoke smell %26amp; light damage, as well as other minor issues. Usually 2 coats works best, then paint with regular, good quality paint. Flat paint is not washable, so you might want to try satin or eggshell finish over the Kilz.





Good luck!Does anyone have any opinions on KILZ latex paint? I am reading mixed reviews.?
I've had very good results. Key is, don't let them add any tint at the store, and when you use it, don't mix anything with it.
Use it according to the instructions and use it in a well ventilated area. I used it on a room the previous owners had painted this unbelievable pink/purple color.





Killz covered it in one coat. I swear by it.
i am a woman who painted houses for 12 years in S. Fl.(interior and exteriors, someone once ask if i got paid for my painting? :) ) i sometimes had the unfortunate, even more so for the customers, task of fire damaged homes. these were the walls that only had the smoke damage and the only product we used was Kilz, however it was an oil based paint. i have used it to cover ';art work'; from all four of my children, and other we ones, using as PAINT, lipstick, waxy crayons, and pen just to name a few and will continue to swear by Kilz, it has never come back to haunt me, ';their portraits';, as precious as they were. however, for this light task in comparison to smoke damage, I have used the water based (latex) and it worked as diligently as oil based over smoke. Try a small area, hopefully you can obtain a quart of your choice, if it does not work use the paint in a closet or garage!
I've had good results too in a basement. It smelled bad at first but that goes away when it is dry and it was easy to keep clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment