Thursday, February 11, 2010

Can i use non oil based paint over kilz primer?

I was told to primer over plastic outlet covers before I painted them to match the walls in my bedroom. I did so with Kilz spray primer. I was told that my non oil based interior paint may not stick well to the kilz since it is oil based. Any thoughts before I try this??Can i use non oil based paint over kilz primer?
Yes,,,, there will be no problems.Can i use non oil based paint over kilz primer?
Unless the spray primer said that kilz was oil based then someone is crazy. Kilz is not normally oil based. If it is oil based then use oil based paint to paint them, other wise normal paint works fine.





Look on the can. If you can clean up with soap and water, its water based. It will say Oil based otherwise. Most sprays I ever used were water based. Its actually getting hard to purchase Oil based paint these days. Most stores like Lowes mostly only sell water based paints.
Yup!!
its ok

No comments:

Post a Comment