Thursday, February 18, 2010

Where can I find the interior paint color ';barely mocha'; by kilz? ?

We painted our walls with that color and now I can't find any trace of it anywhere. Kilz doesn't even mention it on their website anymore. I need some more to do some touch up.Where can I find the interior paint color ';barely mocha'; by kilz? ?
Walmart, I am quite certain. If all else fails, get a chip from the wall, and Walmart will match the color really well for you.Where can I find the interior paint color ';barely mocha'; by kilz? ?
go to local Wal-Mart and if they have the computer dispenser they can pull up name and auto dipense (you just need to let them know if flat, satin or semi-gloss and whether qt, gal,or 5 gal). If they do not have computerize dipenser (my store does not) here are the formulas you can give the associate (again let know sheen and what size):I am assuming you want the Kilz brand and not Color Place (Wal-Mart brand which does not have the primer added into paint like the Kilz line has)


Qt: Base1 D=3.5 F=2.5


Gal: Base 1 D=14 F=10


5 gal: Base 1 D=1Y22 F= 1Y2





The associates will know what the letters and numbers mean, just relay the info you need
I wouldn't do a touch up from a can of paint that was not the original mixture that is currently on your walls. I'm not sure I'd even use the leftovers (if you still had them) if they were over 18 months old. My painter told me that there are great variances in paint, even within a batch: when they mix the paint %26amp; then pour it in the gallons, there is often a big difference in the first gallon poured %26amp; the last gallon. If you don't have any of the original leftover, I'd try to clean the spots (no ammonia based products). As far as finding a match goes, oftentimes paint dealers will have formulas for their competitors colors- ie- you can go into Home Depot %26amp; odds are they will know how to mix a Sherwin Williams color. You may have that luck with Kilz. Otherwise, I'd contact the company %26amp; ask them to provide you the base %26amp; the formula for the color. Best of luck to you!!
I would go back to that Kilz website and ask. If they no longer make that color, ask for the formula. Then you can get a matching color made at Walmart, Lowe's or Home Depot (just to name a few). If that doesn't work, bring in your old paint can and they can match it from that. If you don't have the paint can, then chip off a little piece somewhere not noticeable and they can match it from that. Good luck.
I would go to walmart, they carry Kilz brand of paint. It could possibly be there. If that doesn't work then I would call the company and ask. It might have been discontinued.
http://www.masterchem.com/kcc/news.aspx





Here is their website. Walmart carries this brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment