Thursday, February 11, 2010

Can Kilz primer be tinted the same color as the paint?

I am going to paint a room in my home. Someone told me to buy a primer and have it tinted the same color as the paint. Their reason was ....the tinted primer is easier to cover versus white primer. And, I will use less paint; therefore it will save me money!





So..it is true primer can be tinted? I wish I had known this a long time ago.Can Kilz primer be tinted the same color as the paint?
I believe you can but check the link below to be sure. Have Fun!!Can Kilz primer be tinted the same color as the paint?
Yes. Tell the paint guy what your final color will be and that you want to tint your primer accordingly.
behr paint comes with primer built in, not all but what painters put on my house, @ home depot. Kilz is real good for covering water stains and such. my 2 cents worth.
Kilz makes a tintable white paint./primer, check walmart for cheap prices,
Yes. and I want your body
Yes, you can tint primer, Kilz is a sealer type of paint to cover water stains or any other stain you might have on your painting area, And it works great.
Yes you can have the primer tinted. Usualy it wil be tinted with half the formula of the paint color.( Painter 18 yrs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment