Thursday, February 18, 2010

I have a wall that had mold on it. I treated the mold, dried the wall out and primed it with Kilz. I painted?

and it bubbled up in some places. I sanded those and touched up. Now there are little cracks in the paint in other areas than where it bubbled, what is going on with this wall/I have a wall that had mold on it. I treated the mold, dried the wall out and primed it with Kilz. I painted?
Having solved paint problems over the years, I would have to say that the wall wasn't completely dry when you primed %26amp; painted.





You may have a moisture problem with the wall.





Is it an inside wall? Outside wall?





What is on the others side of the wall, or above that area?





Are there water pipes or drain pipes in the wall?





There are times when cold water pipes sweat (Like when a toilet runs all the time. It can be so slow that you don't notice it.)





If you can't figure out by just checking the things I mentioned you could make a hole in the wall %26amp; check it out.I have a wall that had mold on it. I treated the mold, dried the wall out and primed it with Kilz. I painted?
The stuff you treated the mold with is causing the bubbling. Sand wall, reprime, repaint.
Did you do this all at once, because the Kilz and the mold killer could have a cemical reaction. Other then that it is posessed and you need to knock the wall down and rebuild. LOL
Sounds like you have a moisture problem on the back side of the drywall . what is on the other side of the wall? If you make a small opining you should be able to detect moisture (wet insulation, mold inside wall cavity) If its a bath or a kitchen it could be poor ventilation. also if its a bath or kitchen a flat paint is more prone to mold. I still lean toward moisture behind the wall.


If you find a moisture problem then you need to fix the source of the problem. leaking pipe,poor drainage from the outside of house, leaking basement, roof leak, many others. then strip all the old drywall or plaster. and remove all the moldy areas, replace the old damp insulation, new drywall, primer and paint. just because you cant see the mold its still there. THIS IS A HEALTH RISK FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. DON'T JUST COVER IT UP. IT MAY BE TIME TO CONTACT A CONTRACTOR. sorry for the bad news, I hope you problem is not this bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment